1. Will the host work "easily" with the site builder I chose. Most allow one-click installs for WordPress, but building a site in Weebly, Wix, or Webstarts and transferring that site to another host if very cumbersome.
2. What is the total cost for the time that I plan to host the website? If you choose a host that has a very low monthly fee, but requires you to sign-up for three years to obtain that price, and if you only want to host the site for two months, you may be paying much more than you planned. Determine the length of the contract and do the math for overall cost.
3. Does that host offer promo codes that will substantially decrease overall cost.
4. Is the Domain name included in the price of host? Domain names would otherwise cost around $10.00 to $12.00.
5. Will you be able to get good support in a timely manner? Some hosts have telephone support from people in the US. Other only have email support with two day turn-around time. If you are new at this you might need and want some support.
6. How much AdWords credit is available? Many hosts offer $25 to $75 Google AdWords credit.
I posted these questions for the required assignment for clarity and so that I could come back to them again. Or you could use them if you'd like non-existant page viewers.
So iPage, the cheapest site from those listed here: http://webhostingreviews2013.net/
- It has a 'drag and drop' site builder, which I'm assuming it means it supports other site builders, as well as features its own. However it only allows up to six pages, but I don't even know what that specifies.
- The site costs a $2.95 a month. However they apparently have a sale right now so that for the first three months it's only $1.99, but it comes with a 2-3 year contract where you pay $2.95 for the rest of the months. Or you can sign up for a 12 month contract where you pay $1.99 for the firs three and $4.60 for the remainder.
- Okay, apparently the above is the promotional price for the first term only. Here are the regular rates that follow:
36-month term: $6.99 a month (billed $251.64 for 3 years)
24-month term: $7.99 a month (billed $191.76 for 2 years)
12-month terms: $8.99 a month (billed $107.88 for 12 months)
- It is free for the first year, afterwards you have to pay. I can't easily find the price for that but I think for a two year registration it costs about $30.
- They offer customer support.
- $100 google adwords credit, $25 for a yahoo/bing search bar, $50 for facebook advertising.
15
No comments:
Post a Comment