Wordpress.org would be my main choice but after some first hand experience it seems a bit more complicated than anyone initially let on. The advertisers say it's very easy to maintain-
after a few hours of training. After checking out a couple of sites, I do realize now that it is indeed a blog. Which would not normally bother me but I'm looking for a more simple and 'one-click' type of website so that maintenance would be easy and it would actually look like a shop. However, I'm not very inclined to most online shops, etsy.com being one of the few exceptions. Wordpress's domain cost, however, keeps it in the running. Squarespace may be the one I actually try out.
- I like its diversability, being a blog and/or a shop. But the shop set up is not to my taste, at least as it appears on the sample. I'm hoping they offer custom html options.
- They offer a somewhat limited html customization option, I'm looking more into it.
- They have a really nice introduction video.
Hopefully I can get to use a demo or something to try and get a feel for how the site works.
15
No comments:
Post a Comment